December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

The boys made Christmas magical this year!
Christmas morning started at about 8:30 at our house when Ethan came running into our room breathlessly yelling, "there is a huge rocket out there, Santa brought a huge rocket!"  We wanted to wait for Caden to wake up so we tried to keep Ethan in our bed for a little while, he was too excited to even sit still.  I told him to run out to the kitchen to check to see if Santa ate the cookies we left out for him, he jumped off our bed so fast it sounded like a bomb dropped, and then Caden was awake!
The Santa gifts and the present unwrapping stretched out for a long time, the boys wanted to play with each thing before moving on to the next.
Ethan was the best!  He was so excited about every little thing.  I'm surprised he had a voice at the end of the day because he was yelling all morning, "I love it!  This is what I always wanted."  Even the Pez dispenser in his stocking got a whoop!
This little video is just an example of how Ethan was all day.

Caden was pretty overwhelmed.  He just wanted to unwrap every present in sight.  After being told for a few weeks he couldn't open the presents yet, he just couldn't contain himself.
This little video is when he first woke up, I love that when we asked him about the rocket ship, he said Santa brought him a box.  Can't fool this kid.
In the early morning hours...before the mayhem began!
 And then the mayhem begins: (and my house still looks like a disaster today).




 Everyone had the best Christmas ever!  I think little Quinn even enjoyed his first Christmas.  He almost slept though it.  After staying up all night, he slept a great long stretch from 5 am to noon.  His favorite gift was his beautiful new quilt from Grandma Karen.  He loves the soft minky side and snoozed most of the day snuggled up in his new blanket.


That evening we had some friends come over for dinner, we ordered Chinese take-out and had a great time.

The other day as I was driving with the boys I said, "I'll be sad when it's not Christmas time anymore because I'll miss singing along with you guys to the Christmas songs on the radio."  Ethan said, "I'll be sad when it's not Christmas anymore too."  I thought he would mention the presents or something, but then he said, "I'll be sad when it's over because then everyone will stop talking about Jesus."  I thought it was really sweet, and assured him we would still talk about Jesus everyday.  But I've been thinking about what he said all week and realizing he is right, part of the magic feeling of Christmas comes because for this one special holiday most of the world regardless of religion or culture is united in hope and charity thinking of Christ.  How great would it be if we could see that magic in the world everyday.

To me, Christmas day was perfect this year, one that I hope I can always remember!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Very sweet. We have had fun making our own traditions too. Love the excitement of your boys. What a perfect age. Matt was too cool for a lot of santa things this year so I was wondering if he still believed but he had so much fun tracking santa that I think we're safe for another year