Today Ethan was a little concerned that Santa may not bring him a remote control helicopter. In an attempt to persuade him that a helicopter is probably better for kids a little older than him, I told him that sometimes Santa knows even better what toy we would like. I then started telling the boys about how I received a doll every year for Christmas.
A few of my faves!
I told them about some of my favorites and even found pictures of them online. Then I proceeded to tell them about a Christmas doll tragedy. When I was about Ethan's age, and my brother Weston was about Caden's age I received a doll that was about as tall as me. I loved that doll! A few weeks after Christmas my doll was missing, I found it stuffed down between the wall and my bed. When I pulled it out I quickly realized my doll was missing its head!!! Weston had somehow pulled the head off of my doll, and then hid it.
I must have had some pent up emotion as I told the story because when I looked at the boys I realized Caden was crying and Ethan was horrified! For about 15 mins. they kept asking again and again why Uncle Weston would have destroyed my Christmas doll! After realizing that Uncle Weston had just become the world's biggest villain in their minds I tried to teach them a lesson about forgiveness, explain it was okay because he was only 2 or 3 at the time, change the subject, etc. But they were too distraught! OPA!
I finally just had to totally distract them by writing letters to Santa.
![]() |
| The normal look I see from Quinn when he thinks his family has gone crazy! |





2 comments:
That's hilarious! Poor boys. Iremember once when jay cut off my barbies hair. After the trauma we named her mohawky. He was old enough to know better though!
Ha! Your doll story totally made me laugh out loud!! I wish I had been there to hear the story!
Post a Comment