August 23, 2013

Clothes Make The Man

So I haven't always bought into that quote, but today as Caden and I ran into Walmart to pick up a prescription for Quinn I glanced at his outfit.  My first thought was "oh dear, my son looks homeless," my second thought was to laugh, and my third thought was, "I have to get a picture this is SO Caden right now." 


First we have Exhibit A:  Insisting on wearing the too big hat because he didn't want to get sunburned.  He is trying so hard right now to be a little adult.  Last night we asked him to pick up his spilled macaroni on the floor he picked up about 5 dirty noodles using his toes, ran over got a Tupperware container, put the lid on and then put them in the fridge for "leftovers to stay fresh."  He notices EVERYTHING we do and thinks he can and MUST do it too.

Then there is Exhibit B:  The messy face from eating a snack I'm sure he got for himself.  He's turned into quite a little cupboard climber.

Exhibit C:  The buttons not quite matching up with the correct holes.  He was so determined to do these buttons by himself...if anyone offers to help he yells, "I don't need you."  When he makes up his mind he WILL do it.  I guess he learned from Yoda, "do or do not...there is no try."

Exhibit D:  Pants are pulled up just a bit crooked.  Independent at all times and in all places.  

Exhibit E:  One lone dirty brown sock found in the garage.  He needed this sock on.  I'm learning quickly to pick my battles right now...I wasn't battling over the brown sock.

Exhibit F:  You can't see this one but his underwear is on backwards....that's just so he can see the Superman logo.  

I just love this little guy, but oh my he is at quite an age and stage right now.  He knows how to push buttons, and it keeps us all on our toes and laughing.  Right now with all the medical issues we seem to be having around here I'm just letting the small things go...maybe later this fall we'll work more on his fashion sense!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

He's perfect just the way he is!

Jessica T said...

Steph! I am so glad to finally connect with you after 13 years! Cute post! Your kids are adorable and I am happy to check in with you to see what you are up to these days!

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

I miss this bullheaded little guy! He is so cute! What a hoot!