August 19, 2013

Starting School Tomorrow

How is this possible?  How is my little red headed baby old enough to start school?  (Yes, Clark and I have been watching old blog videos tonight from when Ethan was learning to walk and talk...we are feeling a bit sentimental).
Tomorrow is the first day of kindergarten and I've had a few teary moments the last few weeks picturing my E.E. heading to school.  To celebrate the occasion tonight we had a fun Back to School dinner, complete with place cards made by Ethan and apple shaped Rice Krispy treats.


For family night we had a fun little lesson about how it's important to try and try again.  I anticipate that our little perfectionist may have to be reminded of this a few times this year as he is challenged to do things he can't master his first try.  We read the scripture in Ether 12:27 that says with God our weaknesses can be made strong.  I told him that if he ever gets frustrated he can remember this lesson and say to himself, "BEE STRONG!"

He's ready for school, I think he will love it and be great, I just can't believe 5 years can go by so fast!

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Way to go EE!!! He will do just fine. Loved all the fun back to school stuff!!! Too clever! Glad you are feeling a bit better . . . don't over do!!! Love ya!