August 20, 2013

Kindergarten Boy

This morning a little after 6 AM an excited Ethan marched into our room and said, "hey guys, did you remember I have school today!"  We tried to get him to snooze a little in our bed but he was restless and ready to go.

All handsome in his first day of school outfit and backpack he picked out a few weeks ago.

Clark and I walked him into his classroom, of course Ethan was a few feet in front of us leading the way.  He hung up his bag, found his name tag and got to work like he had been coming to school for years.  As I looked around the classroom I had to blink back a few tears, just realizing he's going to have a whole new world that I'm not really a part of.



He was happy to say goodbye to us, didn't seem to mind at all that we were leaving...but as we left the room we heard him call across the room, "I love you mommy and daddy."  And our hearts melted, so we headed on over to the "Boo Hoo Breakfast" that the PTO puts on for the parents of kindergartners to pick up or Kleenex and doughnuts.
He was so excited when I picked him up after a few short hours, he immediately asked when he can go again!  I'm so glad he had a great day and that he is so enthusiastic and excited for school.  It felt weird not to have him home with us this morning.  Caden and I missed him a lot!  Caden missed having a brother to entertain him...and I missed having a brother to entertain Caden too.

It's a whole new chapter beginning of our little family...and I think it will be a good one.

1 comment:

Kierst said...

This post made me cry!! He is going to do great!! And as much as you miss him now, I'm sure there will be days where you will be thankful he's at school. :)