I didn't know what to expect from Animal Kingdom, I was kind of picturing a zoo with rides, but it is fabulous. The themes of the park are so well done, it really was pretty. The day started rainy so the crowds were really low. Clark was able to spend the morning with us before going to his conference.
The boys loved the Kali River rapids, because it was rainy and chilly there were no lines, so they got to go 3 times in a row without getting off their boat. Wet hair, don't care!
Ethan had been looking forward to the Expedition Everest ride for weeks! We finally got to try it, he went twice and then that was enough. Later that night I tried to convince him to go with me again and he said, "no way." I tried to remind him that he was smiling so big when we finished last time we rode it...he informed me, "I was smiling at the end because it was over." He wasn't so sure if that yeti was real or not.
Animal Kingdom is an animal reserve, so we were able to take a "safari" to view African animals. The animals were really active and close to our Jeep. It was a pretty awesome way to do a zoo.
As we drove Clark to his conference Quinn fell asleep so we decided to go to McDonalds for lunch. Karen volunteered to eat her lunch in the car so Quinn could keep sleeping while I took the boys inside to eat. So I went through the drive-through for Karen's lunch. I ordered, I paid and then I quickly went and found a parking spot so I could take the boys inside. As I was getting out of the car it donned on me that I had never picked up Karen's food. OH.MY.GOSH. I had to go back through the drive-through, everyone seemed to think it was pretty funny. I decided I was a little sleep deprived.
The Finding Nemo musical puppet show was definitely a highlight when we went back that evening! Amazing! Even Quinn danced along to the music on my lap.













1 comment:
That's funny . . . Quinny grew an extra leg in the Donald picture!
Post a Comment