When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
I remember my Dad saying this A.A. Milne poem when I was younger. I think it's a pretty accurate description of our 6 year old Ethan!
There is a big difference between a 5 and a 6 year old. At age 6 Ethan is an independent little boy that loves going to school. He's learning to read and write and still has a sharp mind for math and science. At age 6 I realize there is nothing cuddly and squishy about him anymore. The other day he got hurt and wanted to sit on my lap, he just doesn't fit like he used to. At age 6 Ethan is still a social butterfly that loves being around people and action. At age 6 he is a prankster and mischievous at home. At school however, it is a different story, he is a strict rule follower. At age 6 he is sensitive and sweet. The other night we had a great conversation with him after he couldn't go to sleep because he was so sad about the "naughty" things a little boy was saying on his soccer team. At age 6 Ethan has great faith that his prayers are heard and answered. At age 6 Ethan is really patient with his little brothers. Caden is his favorite playmate, and he can make Quinn laugh better than anyone else. At age 6 Ethan has an imagination as big as the world, it's very fun to watch his creativity as he plays all the time. At age 6 Ethan still has killer dance moves. At age 6 he is starting to be a little self-conscious, refusing to wear his Mickey Mouse shirt to school was the first time I realized he even cared or knew what he was wearing.
Favorite Food: Mac n cheese and chocolate
milk
Favorite
Color: Blue
Favorite
Toy: Brown Dog
Favorite
TV Show: Wild Kratts
Favorite
Movie: Frozen
Favorite
thing to do: Play with my birthday toys
What do you like to play: Imaginext toys, probably with my guns, play at the park
What
do you want to be when you grow up: Firefighter
Favorite part of school: Recess
Favorite thing to learn: Letter stuff
What's your favorite subject in school: The spin thing that shows what the weather
is.
Who is
your favorite person in the whole world: Ryker
What
are you really good at: playing with
Caden, and the minnion game
Who's
your best friend: Stella
What
do you like best about Mom: "that she went on that trip and Grammy got
to come" Me: "so what does that mean?" Ethan:
"it means we like Grammy."
Me: "Ok, so you like Grammy,
but what do you like about mom?"
Ethan: "Hmmm...that you're
so pretty."
Who's
your best buddy: Caden
What
do you like best about Daddy: that he plays with us sometimes
What
do you like best about Caden: he's my brother
What
do you like best about Quinn: that he's so fun
What do like best about yourself: that I
have a birthday.

1 comment:
I'm so surprised your mom hasn't been there for his birthdays from all the visits she does. I can't believe how Ethan is! He's grown so much since his rooster tail days.
Post a Comment