June 21, 2015

A Visit with the Famous Grandma P.

A few weekends ago we got to make a quick trip to Vernal.  We were excited to make the road trip in our "new-to-us" Landrover.  We got it for a steal of a deal to get us through 6 months until we can buy a more reliable car.  It was a beautiful day for a road trip.  We even stopped at the Lincoln monument in Wyoming.  It was a smooth ride and ran like a champ.  We returned home late Tuesday night...
Wednesday morning early I was driving and the drive shaft broke, flipped up and made a hole in the transmission!  So sad!  We have now sold the broken Landrover and look at the whole experience as a very expensive rental car to get us to Vernal!  

 We got to be there for my cousin Sara's wedding.  It was a beautiful night.




R.J. served his mission in Scotland and pulled out his kilt for the wedding.
We also got to be there for my cousin Jeremy to bless his new baby.  Lindsey, Jeremy and I were born within a months time.  It was fun to get a picture and compare it to the picture in 1981 with our stylish Dads.

We had such a fun trip visiting with cousins, aunts and uncles...and of course Grandma P.  Most of my childhood memories involve Grandma's house, and cousins.  While we were in Vernal Ethan said, "I love visiting Vernal because there are tons of parties."  It really was just a fun-filled few days full of family gatherings and parties.  I'm blessed to be a descendant of the famous Grandma P.  

While we were in Vernal my little brother James became a Daddy.  So that night Grandma and I dug through some old pictures to find some of baby James.  In the process we found several priceless gems.

Baby James

No one ever told me I used to have a twin!
Neon lasers are never a bad backdrop.

My Dad back in the day.
Weston's caption to this:  "whoa, who's the Michael Jackson look alike?"





1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

We are all blessed to be part of Grandma P.'s family! A great lady!!! Fun pictures!