June 1, 2015

Teachers Make a Difference

I feel that it is a great blessing in our life that Ethan got the teacher he did this year.  Mrs. Ranous was a perfect 1st grade teacher for Ethan.  He learned and grew in leaps and bounds this year.  It was fun to see the light bulb click for reading.  But beyond all of the book lessons he had a fantastic teacher that built his confidence and made him feel special and important everyday.  I volunteered once a week in her classroom and it was clear that every student felt safe and loved.  She is one of those teachers that has the gift.  

This was the gift she gave me for volunteering, I thought it was super cute!
 On the school's final assembly Ethan received the Falcon Annual Soar Award.  Given to one student in each class for demonstrating S.afety, O.wnership, A.chievment, R.espect.  They gave him a certificate and a T-shirt.  I don't know if Ethan had ever been more proud of anything before.  He was pretty excited.

The letter from his teacher said, "You have shown "SOARing behavior all year.  You are safe, responsible for yourself and learning and a great friend."  I am proud of Ethan this year for being kind to everyone and working hard to follow the rules and behave (even if it is against his nature to sit still for too long).

Ethan's First Grade experience couldn't have gone better!  

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

So proud of you EE! You are amazing! Love you too much!!!