March 5, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Springtime!

We broke records today in Iowa!
The warmest day on record...it was in the 70's and it was delightful! We had a picnic lunch with Clark at the school and then Ethan and I joined up with some friends and went to Gray's Lake.

Ethan's hair also broke a record I'm sure for the coolest red comb over in the state! His hair is getting out of control, the days I try to tame it makes it even worse.

Gray's Lake is a little lake here in town that has a 2 mile path around it. There is also a sandy beach and a playground. Today it was a popular spot for walkers, runners, stroller riders, dogs and even an intense roller blader that sang to her ipod as she went.

There is also a cool bridge that is part of the path. At night there are reflective panels that make the bridge look like it has multi-colored lights.

I thought Ethan would be as thrilled as I was to be outside in the sun, but I think he was just shocked! He probably can't even remember the last time he went outdoors without being bundled up and his mom racing from the car to wherever we were going. We started at the playground.

I couldn't even buy a smile from him when he rode the swing next to his friend Rivers.

He clung to me when I took him out of the swing (and he never does that). Poor kid is scared of the sun (it was really windy too so maybe that was part of it)! I think this is a sign that winter has been long enough for us! I am so excited for spring. Yes, the lake was still partially frozen and yes, I do know it will probably snow again...but today did give me hope that winter will someday end!

Ethan after our walk. He looks thrilled doesn't he!?

This was just a picture I took earlier this week that I love. Clark was having a snack and Ethan wanted to join him. So they shared a sandwich, I think they look like a couple of good buddies!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Taryn and I used to laugh at all the girls at Ricks who would get in their bathing suits and start sun tanning in the spring when the weather went above 50. Park in March is ok, sun tanning is not so.

LauriAnn said...

I am pretty jealous. Seattle is stuck at 50 degrees for about 2/3of the year. There are only 2 seasons Gray and Summer! But after all that snow and cold you guys desesrve some warm weather!