March 11, 2009

Unexpected

So last night I was at the school at a meeting and Clark was at the school studying. I called him when I left and he said he wouldn't be too far behind.
I got home, put Ethan to bed and waited a little while longer than I thought for Clark to come home. Finally I heard an unfamiliar truck pull into the driveway. My first thought was "oh great, the Buick finally died." But no, Clark's friend Tyler gave him a ride home not because the Buick wouldn't start...but because they could not get the Buick's doors open. Apparently the 40 degree drop in weather was more than the little Buick could handle and it was frozen shut!
That was a first for us. A little bit unexpected because it is March, but it is Iowa! The good news is that the car was still there this morning and the Buick is back home tonight.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's funny. I had remember on the jeep I had, one of the doors wouldn't close when it was too cold. So my first winter in Rexburg I would sometimes be driving around a turn and the door would fly open. I actually put a rope through the door handle so I could hold it while I was driving (it was the passenger side).

Lucy said...

It's supposed to get cold here this weekend. I've never lived in the midwest, but you guys have crazy weather!