It says: "If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."
This morning I woke up not feeling very well, but I tried to be a productive person so I hauled Ethan out into the windy freezing day to run some errands and grocery shop.
When I ran upstairs to get ready Ethan came up about 5 minutes later with a really guilty look on his face holding a purple marker out to me. I asked Ethan if he did something naughty. He just held out his little hand and led me to the damage. In such a short time he had drawn on the walls that lead up to the stairs, he must have had a hard time getting the lid off because he also splattered ink all over the walls (much higher than where he can reach). All I had to say was, "oh no." He felt so bad he wouldn't even look at me. I had him sit in a time out chair for about a minute. I didn't have to lecture or raise my voice he totally punished himself. After a min. I went and kneeled by his little chair, he jumped out and gave me the biggest hug! He wouldn't let go for a couple of minutes. Although I was a little frustrated with the walls I just thought it was so cute, when he was having time out I had to go into the kitchen so he wouldn't see me giggle.
About an hour later we were at the grocery store. Ethan was getting lots of attention in his cuddly little camouflage fleece as he said, "hi" to everyone that walked by. I walked away from the cart for just a second to get some eggs. In the 30 seconds I was gone Ethan picked the plastic bottle of pizza sauce out of our cart and threw it. When I turned around I saw pizza sauce all over Ethan's face, all over the floor, the eggs...that stuff splattered everywhere! Then the lady standing about 5 feet away said, "he got some on my hand...can you check and make sure there isn't any on my coat!" She turned around and I about died!!! Her WHITE coat was covered in splotches of bright red pizza sauce! There were even large patches in her blonde hair! I grabbed a wet wipe and started dabbing at it and just made it worse. When she took off her coat and saw the mess she was mortified and was calmly freaking out. I found an employee and helped her find the bathroom. The store was really nice, they gave her a stain stick and offered to cover her dry cleaning bill. I also offered a million times to pay for the dry cleaning, and told her sorry a thousand times but I felt so bad. I ran into her 2 other times in the store and she was amazingly nice about it! But oh my, by the time we got home I was just wishing I had stayed in bed.
Luckily he has the cutest blue eyes in the world or there may have been a 20 month old on Ebay today!

4 comments:
oh my goodness!!! You are poor thing. I am so sorry youa re so sick! Westy and I pray for you that you won't be too sick. As for Ethan- he is a little sweetie, but oh my goodness. I just keep asking myself how will I ever be able to deal with people when one of my kids does crazy things.... wow I need to grow up!
Oh, the marker is cute, but the pizza sauce... Yikes. I'm so sorry. At least she was nice about it. You should go take a nap!
WOW! I'm typeless!! WOW!!
The thros of it! Toddlers are so busy. It's divine design that it is also when they happen to be their cutest.
So, so sorry. I would have died about the pizza sauce.
Post a Comment