December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!

Christmas morning was so exciting this year with Ethan! I kept waking up all night in anticipation, I kept having dreams that he would somehow get out of his port-a-crib and have Christmas morning without us!

When he came around the corner he saw his Thomas the Train track set up, he paused on the stairs for a second and said, "oh," then he ran over to the train track and pretty much hasn't stopped playing with it yet. He also sleeps and eats with the Thomas engine in his hand. We had so much fun watching him play and discover everything. (I will post some videos for Grammy Tammy when I get home). Santa knew just perfectly what Ethan wanted this year! He was so excited and overwhelmed...he didn't wake up til 9:00 and was already asleep taking a nap by 11:00.


I had fun making Ethan a Thomas blanket in the late hours before leaving town...I loved that he hugged it and loved it!



We spent the rest of the day with Clark's family...snowmobiling, sledding, eating hot dogs from the grill, playing games and having a lot of fun! It was such a wonderful day, Clark has loved being able to be home for Christmas with all of the traditions he grew up with!


Clark got his dad a remote control airplane for Christmas. When he opened it he said, "wow if you live long enough you get everything you ever wanted!"

Right before the maiden voyage (everything wasn't quite charged)...so stay tuned for the real maiden voyage.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that you got my parents jammies for Christmas Eve. So funny. When Matt was a few month olders than Ethan we were home for Christmas and he got his Geo Trax train then. It was set up in like exactly the same spot and I probably even have very similar pictures of my dad with Matt as you have with Ethan. Talk about a flashback!! Glad you had a good day.

MollyJae said...

All of your December pictures look so fun, cold and happy. We miss you guys.