Definitely a distracting place for a job interview, especially with Ethan yelling, "hello" to everyone that walked past. I could hear the interview perfectly and couldn't help listening in. First of all, one of the poor girl's high heels slipped as she walked to the table and she literally fell onto the bench. She started giggling so hard and the manager just stared at her like she was insane. The poor girl couldn't pull it together and kept giggling throughout the whole interview. I have to admit I cringed a few times hearing her responses to the questions...but then the big one!
The manager told her that at Sam's Club a lot is going on all the time, but as a checker she would need to be able to focus and pay attention to detail even in a distracting environment, he then asked her to share an experience where she was able to pay attention to detail and focus. She started rambling about some job she had where she had to write down numbers, and then all of a sudden she just went quiet, for 30 seconds she just sat there silently, finally she said, "uh, can you repeat the question, I forgot what I'm supposed to be saying." He repeated the question and she just started laughing, "oh, this is my experience then, I was supposed to be focusing on answering the question and I got distracted." More giggling. And that was the end of that question. I was dying!
When he asked the next question, she just said, "yeah, I got nothing." So that pretty much ended that interview. The manager excused himself and she went back to her friend and both of them were laughing so hard they were crying.
When Ethan and I left I got the big cart stuck on one of the table legs and they were both extremely helpful and friendly helping me move the table. I wished the manager could have seen that, because the poor girl would probably be a great checker!
When we got home it was raining, so I told Ethan to run quick into the house so he wouldn't get wet. He made it 3 steps and found a puddle. So while I unloaded the car and put away groceries he played in that one little puddle for 20 mins. Just jumping, splashing, and loving life.
I snuck a few pictures from the back window.
By the time I got him to come in we literally had to pour the water out of his shoes. He was soaked. I love that one puddle can be so exciting to a cute little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment