April 30, 2010

Pregnancy

Clark and I both feel that pregnancy is truly a miracle. It is amazing all of the developing and growing that happens in a short time to bring a new life into the world. We are both really thankful for the healthy pregnancy that I have had.

That being said, I'm also grateful that pregnancy eventually comes to an end. After an ultrasound Monday we will know the date we will get to meet this little baby! It will probably be in the next 2-3 weeks. I can't believe how soon it will be here!

My friend Jessica told me about a new fuel call system that will be going into gas stations in Iowa to serve the disabled. Basically a person just has to push a button and a worker will come pump your gas for you. We laughed because pregnant women were included under the umbrella of "disabled." But the more pregnant I get the more disabled I feel!

One good thing about being very pregnant is that I have a lot more patience with Ethan. Not because I'm more patient necessarily, but simply because I don't have the energy to chase him, carry him up the stairs, fight him into his carseat, etc. So the last little while I just patiently herd him along, sometimes getting him into the car takes 15 mins...but eventually we make it, and I choose to be pain free rather than on time.

Last night at midnight I asked Clark to go get me a milkshake, he looked at me like I was nuts! I was just realizing I only have a few days left to play the pregnancy craving card...got to take advantage of it now! No, I didn't get my midnight milkshake...maybe tonight if I ask a little earlier?

Pretty much we are just excited to welcome this new little boy into our home!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good luck! I can't believe you didn't get your milkshake. Tell Clark I am very disappointed.