June 16, 2010

What's in Your Carry-on Bag?

I'm sure you've all heard of or seen the trend "pooch in a purse."

Well, move over Paris Hilton, Grammy Tammy is starting a new trend, "Caden in the carry-on."

Sunday afternoon we had to take Grammy to the airport, just in time I discovered her trying to pack Caden in her carry-on bag!

We were sad to say good-bye to "Wayne." We made quite the spectacle. We didn't even make it out of the airport parking lot and Caden was crying, Ethan was whining/crying for "Wayne," I was still a little teary - Clark just looked at me and said, "I need a Wayne." We had to pull over to comfort the screaming children before we could make it home.

"I need a Wayne."

Then we got a phone call from Grammy, because of flight delays she got to stay in Des Moines an extra day! We couldn't have survived the last few weeks without her help. She cooked, cleaned, slept on the air mattress, helped me all night with Caden, entertained Ethan, laundered, etc...and all without complaining. She needs a vacation now, but instead she gets to go on the pioneer trek tomorrow! We had so much fun with Grammy here and the only way we are getting by without her is knowing she gets to come again in August!!!

Thanks for all you did Mom! We love you!

3 comments:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

I miss you all! Wayne says, "I nee a Muggles and an EE! Thanks for putting up with me and letting me help! Love ya!

Grammy

LauriAnn said...

So can people who aren't your mom's grandkids refer to her as "Wayne" or do we have to stick with "Tam?"

Stephanie said...

I think she actually refers Wayne these days...