September 12, 2010

2 Dollars

On Saturday Ethan and I had a little outing just the two of us to WalMart and Sam's Club. I figured this would be the perfect day for Ethan to get to spend his $2 that my Grandma sent to him when Caden was born.

On the drive there I asked him what he wanted to spend his money on, he immediately replied that he wanted to buy a treat. When I asked what kind of treat he said, "toothpaste." I told him we already had toothpaste and asked if there was something else he would rather buy. He said, "mmmm...a duck." After explaining to him that Walmart really doesn't have live ducks for sale, I decided to just wait until we got there and let him choose.

As we walked through Walmart he wanted to buy everything, my favorite was when he pointed to a can of Bacon Bits and yelled "I nee it." Pretty sure you don't NEE those buddy. Finally he settled on a $1 yellow recorder and a jar of play-doh for 88 cents. Oh how I tried to talk him out of that recorder! But he wouldn't budge, he wanted one like his friend Krew has.





We happened to make it to Sam's Club for free sample time. Ethan got a piece of pizza, a pickle slice and a juice box! As we left Ethan handed the lady our receipt and she drew a smiley face on it - he yelled, "It's my lucky day!"

I felt pretty lucky too to get an outing with Ee-Ee all to myself!

If you had a lucky day and got to spend 2 whole dollars at Walmart what would you buy?

3 comments:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

I'm pretty sure if Ee-Ee and Grammy Tammy went to Wal-mart with $2, we'd buy Cow-tails! Mmmmmm!!

Emmers said...

I feel like you used to love the recorder yourself -- don't stifle his opportunity to make it big Steph - think of how nice that skill will be on his mish...

Megan Bleazard said...

Oh the recorder! I hide those things daily :)