September 9, 2010

You Have to Give Some to Get Some...

That is what Billy Blanks told me tonight as I was doing my "Tae-Bo Get Ripped Advanced Workout" video.

And I suppose Billy is right. It is so hard to get back in shape! Late tonight I was trying to figure out what to do for a workout (since I didn't get one in earlier in the day) and Clark reminded me about my great Tae-Bo videos that I have been moving around for the past 5 years, I used to love doing them in college, but we haven't had a VCR since we've been married so I forgot I even had them. Just the novelty I needed to motivate me to workout even though I was tired.

However, I felt more like I resembled Rex Kwon Do after doing a round house kick into the kitchen chair that was in our living room.

And then I felt really stupid when I hit myself in the chin doing some speed bag punches.

But I did it, you do have to give some to get some people!

While I worked out Caden did this: while Clark did this: all while Ethan slept soundly in his bed.

One good thing about the rolling hills of Iowa is that it keeps me from getting lazy on my jog/walks with the boys! Its impossible to be lazy pushing this 80 lb. tank up a hill (its gotta burn extra calories, right?) I'm seriously in denial about the season changing, I'm going to miss our little walks when the sidewalks are icy!

4 comments:

Erica said...

lol. I am sure you look way better than Rex. That stroller is intense. I bet it is extremely heavy. That is buring calories especially on an incline!

LauriAnn said...

It definitely has to burn some extra calories! I am also happy that you included Rex Kwon Do, I love that dude. I just hope you wear those pants when you give someone a roundhouse kick to the head.

Kelly said...

That's funny, Steph!

Lucy said...

Awesome. I've never done Tae Bo. I missed the entire phase but I'm glad you are bringing it back:)