September 25, 2010

Domestic Tips for Saturday

Tip #1: Feed your family for free on Saturdays by hitting Sam's club around lunch time for the yummy samples.

Tip #2: Cream of Celery soup is not interchangeable with Cream of Chicken soup. So if you accidentally buy Cream of Celery don't think it will work in your recipe as well as Cream of Chicken, it won't! In fact, I don't know what recipe it could work in - terrible stuff!

The end. (of my domestic moment).

3 comments:

Rebecca Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Carter said...

(2nd attempt - I forgot some of the ingredients that are in this corrected comment which includes a recipe)

Hi Stephanie,

I love reading your blog! The pictures are great - makes us feel like we were living close by.

I laughed when you wrote about cream of celery soup. That's hilarious!! Surprisingly, one of my favorite stew recipes calls for it - along with 4 other condensed soups. It's a family favorite. And I never buy cream of celery soup unless I'm making stew because, like you, I agree that what can you do with it?!!

Here are the 4 soups that you combine with stewing beef, cubed potatoes, sliced carrots, chopped onion, and chopped celery (if you want - but it's not necessary): Cream of Mushroom, Golden Mushroom, Tomato and Cream of Celery. Also, add 1 package of Lipton's onion soup dry mix, 2 cups of water and 2 bay leaves (that you remove before serving). Put that all in a crockpot and forget about it for about 6 to 8 hours and it's ready for dinner. So easy. (You can add a can of tomato sauce if you like more tomato flavor.)

Lucy said...

I've never understood what it would be for either.

My question, was dinner really free or did you leave Sam's Club with more than you came in for? I always went in for milk and diapers and somehow, left with things like life jackets and sleds. Go figure.