May 3, 2012

Groupon Saturday

Last Saturday was all about the Groupon.  I think it is fair to say that my mom is THE Groupon queen.  I've had my fair share of crazy experiences because of Groupons I bought that I didn't know much about...Saturday we added 2 more to our list.

Clark and I took the boys to the world famous Circus Gatti, okay so you've probably never heard of it either, but it was a great deal.  I have to admit despite the low budget it was entertaining and our boys loved it. 

But there were quite a few things that cracked me up.  First of all we noticed a tall structure that just didn't look safe, there were several shims of different material and sizes holding up the sides.  We quickly realized the structure was for the tight rope walkers, and there was no net underneath.  When they started their routine it looked like their costumes were about 3 sizes too small (maybe they were substitutes?).  A man in a black T-shirt came and stood under the wire, I'm assuming to catch the walkers if they fell?!  In the middle of the act, the man did fall, he somehow caught himself with his foot and climbed back up on the wire.  It was crazy!  I thought we were going to see a death, but he cut his act short and didn't ride the BMX bike across after he started.



Another favorite was the fact that Caden could stand right on the edge of the elephants with a strong barrier of Caution tape to protect him from being smashed.
Ethan got a free moustache from the clown with a magic marker.

Note the baby in the stroller outside of the ring.  During the show we noticed a stroller with a baby struggling to get out down on the circus floor.  He was all alone which concerned Ethan a lot!  After the circus one of the ladies went and pushed him a little closer, just the life of a circus baby I guess. 
 It really was entertaining.  Tonight as I was tucking Caden in he kept saying, "circus, circus," I guess it made quite an impression on him too!

The second adventure the Groupon queen found for us Saturday was to go cheer on the Treasure Valley Roller Girls at Rollerderby!  Oh my fishnets!  It was an adventure to say the least.  I don't know what was more entertaining the crowd or the roller girls. 

 I can now say I know roller derby, I learned terms like jammer, hip check, fresh meat, and fishnet burn. 
Some of my favorite roller derby names of the night were:  G.I. Jane Saw, Demolition Barbie, Hellen Brimstone, and the crowd favorite Udaho. 
Thanks for a fun day of Groupon adventures Grammy!  By the way, if she signs up for roller derby her name will be Gram "Bone" Cracker.

4 comments:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Ahhhh. . . . .the family memories to treasure!! :)

Kelly said...

Wow I'm not really sure what to say! Glad you had fun! :)

Lucy said...

I want to come visit Grammy Tammy!

Erica said...

Roller Derby is actually pretty popular these days. I have a few friends on a team here, and they love it!