May 29, 2012

Introducing...

Dr. Clark Johnson (also a Master of Anatomy).  Last Saturday Clark graduated and received his 2 degrees.  It was such a wonderful day.  Clark's parents were able to come, and the ceremony was special because Vaughn was able to hood Clark.  It was awesome!
He did it, he did it, he really, really did it!  Yahoo!!! 








Clark, Tyler, Ted and Bryce...DPM buddies!


I read this quote on the Mary Engelbreit calendar, "Not what you do, but how you do it is a test of your capacity."  When I read it I immediately thought of Clark.  When we first arrived in Des Moines to start medical school the professors and several students that were in the classes before us talked about how hard it would be, they told us you can never take a day off from studying, school will be your whole life, etc.  I was a nervous wreck about what this would mean for our family and how hard this would be for Clark.
Well I wasted time being worried.  From the beginning Clark decided that Sunday was the Lord's day and that he would not study on that day.  Even though there were numerous huge tests that were scheduled for Monday mornings he never went back on his commitment.  I know our family was blessed and Clark was blessed in his schooling for keeping the Sabbath day holy.  Clark was always one to study the gospel daily along with his study of the sciences and medicine.  He always put family first.  The boys and I always felt like we were his first priority.
I had to brag just a little, because I'm so proud of the degrees Clark received, but more proud of the person that he is and the way that he handled the last 4 years! 

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Congratulations to you and Clark! It is definitely a team effort that you achieved together.

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Carter said...

Wow Stephanie! This is wonderful to see the pictures. So happy that Vaughn and Karen could be there with you to celebrate!

We are so happy for your family! We love you and miss you!!!

Kelly said...

How nice! Kudos to you for surviving it all too!

Jessica said...

I almost cried when I saw your pictures!! We miss you guys so much!! We are so excited and happy for you guys to start this new chapter in your life! We are also happy to hear that you are expecting a cute addition to your family!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.