May 2, 2012

Images of Spring

The last couple of weeks we were in Durango just seemed like perfect spring days.  The weather was getting warmer, we had a picnic with Lucy and her boys at the park, and it was just so pleasant to be outside. 
Clark, Jay, Seth and Sam ran a 5k.  We had fun cheering them on.  We stood at the bottom of a big hill, Ethan would run down the hill with all of the runners we were cheering on.

We went to the REC center a few times and both of my boys LOVED it!  They especially like the big water slide, Clark and I got lots of exercise carrying Caden up all those stairs over and over again!
The boys never got bored of thumbing down Grandpa for 6 wheeler rides, or watching the tractors work.

The boys tried catching the kite while they jumped on the tramp.


Spring weather also brought wind.  One day after putting the boys down for a nap I noticed it sounded like a hurricane rolling through their bedroom.  I went in and they were shrieking in delight that their curtains were blowing open over Caden's crib.  

One blessing of the crazy moving this year has brought us was being able to spend time with family.  I feel like my boys had a chance in Durango to get to know their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins...and they love them! 

No comments: