Last Friday Clark and the boys had a "boys night." They tried to rent a movie from Redbox but didn't find anything good so they went to the thrift shop and bought a whole bag of old VHS movies. They watched "The Extreme Goofy Movie," I guess in the show Max is leaving to go to college and Goofy (the Dad) really misses him.
Now fast forward a few hours...I had no idea what the movie was about that they watched. Caden got out of the bed, came upstairs and totally out of the blue asked, "are you guys going to college tomorrow or are you going to be here?" I thought it was so random and funny and assured him I wasn't going to college anytime soon. Clark took him back to his room to tuck him back in and discovered Ethan sobbing in his bed. When he asked him what was wrong he cried that he didn't want to go to college because he would miss Dad, and Mom and Brown Dog too much! Clark reassured him that he didn't have to be worrying about college quite yet and calmed him down.
I thought it was pretty sweet...I'll remind him of this when I try to pack myself in his suitcase when he really does head to college.
Yesterday after his first Tee-ball practice we were walking across the parking lot to the car. We passed 3 teenage girls walking across the parking lot without shoes and wearing only bikinis. It looked really out of place considering there is no pool anywhere near the tee-ball fields. As they passed us Ethan asked really loudly, "why are those girls wearing swimsuits?" I replied honestly that I didn't know. Quite loudly Ethan said rather seriously, "hmmmm, maybe that was only thing that was clean and the rest of their clothes are dirty." The other moms in the parking lot just cracked up. His guess was as good as any.
Last week I was working out at home and it wasn't the most pleasant workout. During the workout Ethan was talking incessantly about Donkey Kong, the Wii game, he was telling me about which buttons do certain things, and the scenery, and rambling on and on and on...after a minute I just snapped and said, "Ethan, sometimes not everyone wants to hear about Donkey Kong every minute." Ethan said, "Oh...OK." 30 seconds later in all seriousness Ethan asked, "is now a good time to talk about it Momma?" I had felt so guilty for snapping earlier that I just said, "yes, now is a great time," and finished the rest of my workout knowing that the A button makes Donkey jump.
And a few outtakes from the photo shoot!
![]() |
| Crazy Eyes! |
![]() |
| What you get when you tell a 5 year old to look in the light and not smile. Cracks me up! |





2 comments:
He is sooooo darn cute! He needs to come visit Grammy!!!! Love that boy!
That is so funny. I had a sleepover at my grandma's house, and we watched that movie when it came out.
Post a Comment