June 11, 2013

Girls are Cute and Boys are Awesome

This is something Caden says all the time.  I don't know where he got it from but at least once a day he says to me, "momma, you are cute...and I am awesome...girls are cute and boys are awesome."  If I tell him he's cute he gets mad and reminds me that he is a boy!

Boys really are awesome!  Boys are creative!
I looked out the window and found Ethan "practicing for tee-ball" with a bike pump, broken squirt gun and the police helmet!  Love it!


Boys think that boots go with everything...even in the summer!

Boys are adventurous!
A few weeks ago we went to Johnstown BBQ days.  It wasn't a particularly warm day, 70 degrees and windy.  It is the tradition at the end of the parade for the firemen to hook up their hoses and spray the road and the kids that want to get wet.  My boys were right in the middle of it.


After the parade we went around the park and did a few little activities.  They had a dunk tank where you sit under the water, and when someone hits the target it spills on your head.  Well, of course Ethan wanted to get wet so he did it...and then Caden just had to do what Ethan does.  Everyone was horrified when they saw little Caden sit down in the dunk chair.  His face was priceless when the water hit him.  He bolted out of that chair 100 mph, he was in shock, and wanting to cry, but he didn't.  I will never forget that little face, it still makes me laugh thinking about it.

 These brothers are best friends.  The oldest brother always has big plans and the little brother is always willing to go along with it...which is not always a good thing.  On Sunday we were visiting friends and the boys were having fun on the trampoline (the bounceline) as Caden calls it.  When they got off there was no ladder to get back on.  So Ethan came up with a plan.  He decided that they should use the teeter-totter near the trampoline, he figured he could launch Caden from the teeter-totter to the tramp with no problems.  Well, I heard Caden bawling so I went out to investigate, he was in a little pile near the teeter-totter.  When I asked Ethan what happened he said, "well I tried to launch him from the teeter-totter to the tramp, I told him to let go and I came up and jumped on the other side of the teeter-totter as hard as I could...he did get launched, but missed the tramp."  Oh. My.  I'm glad I didn't see that one happen.

A Bed of Brothers
Little boys are snuggly!
Our new favorite place to read stories is on the bottom bunk bed, because  it can be a pirate ship or a rocket ship...but never just a bed.
When I get a little morning nuggle it usually includes more dogs than boys.


Quinn thinks boys are awesome too!  He just lights up when his brothers talk to him and loves to watch them play.  I snapped this picture while Quinn was watching them wrestle, he thought it was so funny!

So I agree with Caden that boys are awesome...but don't tell him I also think boys are pretty darn cute too!

3 comments:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Grammy thinks they are stinkin' cute!

LauriAnn said...

I laughed my head off about the teeter-totter incident. Theoretically it seems sound... Quinn has totally filled-out! I cannot believe it.

Bryce and Jessica said...

I love the picture of Ethan with his police helmet and bicycle pump! That is super creative!