June 17, 2013

Lakeside Father's Day

Yesterday we kidnapped Clark and drove him to Lakeside Amusement Park in Denver!  I bought a Groupon for a really good deal for Clark for Father's Day.  When we first pulled into the parking lot I was a little nervous, because it was in a shady part of town and looked a little sketchy...and I'm kind of notorious for selecting activities that sound better on paper than they actually are (my brothers still won't let me live down the Halloween Cruise).
But oh my, it was such a fun day!  So fun that we stayed until 11 pm!  The park is over a century old and hasn't been updated too much.

 The first ride Ethan went on was the big white roller coaster (similar to the white roller coaster at Lagoon).  Clark said he started holding onto the bar, but as soon as they started down the first big hill Ethan was clutching his arm so hard.  He was a bit of a roller coaster junkie, as soon as he finished he would beg to do it again.
Before the first big ride!

Wooden roller coaster cars.

Going with mom.
Poor Caden had a hard time when he wasn't tall enough for some rides, he has no fear and just wanted to ride everything.  Luckily there were plenty of things to keep him entertained too!

Before the Tilt-O-Whirl...Clark doesn't handle the spinny rides so I had the privilege!  And yes, I'm still feeling a bit dizzy.

Brother buddies had so much fun riding together.

Quinn even got in on the action with his first carousel ride!




 Quinn was such a little trooper!  He didn't need any big rides...just some tree time!

 It was just such a fun family day with lots of laughing together.  Clark and I loved watching the boys grin and giggle on all of the rides.

These boys sure love their Dad!  Last week we were shopping for new boots for Clark for Father's Day.  The boys found boots and horses all on their own so they could be a cowboy just like their Dad.
Not everyday we see little cowboys in boots and swimsuits!
To celebrate today the boys helped me make Dad's favorite dessert, chocolate cake!  Caden was such a great helper he had chocolate in his hair!
So grateful for all of the Dad's I have in my life this Father's Day!


3 comments:

Bryce and Jessica said...

The amusement park looks so fun! What a good groupon deal! Bryce and I both miss all the adventures you took us on - ostrich racing, deserted dairy queen in Nebraska, cardboard box racing... I don't know how you find all the fun stuff, but we need to live in the same city again so you can plan our weekend festivities!

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

You are the queen of finding fun!!! My favorite picture is the boys sharing the Icee .....love it!

Kelly said...

Come to Lagoon with us!! We would have so much fun together!