When we got there we ordered our food and were having a good time together. My 3 little boys were being polite and well behaved. I looked around and had the thought, "yay me, I got this, all alone with 3 little boys at the restaurant and rockin' it, I got this mom thing down!" I gave myself a big mental high 5!
Then the bill came.
First thing I noticed was that the kids meals were not actually .99 cents, they stopped that promotion awhile ago. Bummer. So I reached in the diaper bag for my wallet...just then I had a very clear memory of leaving my wallet by the computer after calling about a bill earlier in the day. I didn't have my wallet!!! I flagged the waitress down and told her what I had done...I promised I would come back, I even offered to leave my diaper bag as collateral. They were actually super nice about it.
So I ran Ethan to his game, asked a mom to watch out for him...then I ran home, got my wallet, ran back to the restaurant to pay, and then back to the tee-ball game.
When I got there all of the parents were excited to tell me that Ethan made the first out of the whole season. I didn't even know they had outs in this tee-ball league. Apparently, he caught the ball near third and ran back and tagged the base. I'm not sure he even knew what he had done, and the little girl he got out was also surprised. I was bummed I missed his big moment!
THEN, while we watched the rest of the game I let Caden push Quinn around in the stroller. I was horrified (along with several other parents) to look over and see our big double stroller on it's side, with Quinn still buckled into his baby seat on the ground.
Mother of the year right here! I took away my mental high 5 from earlier! Then I caught a glimpse of myself when we got in the car. I promise I looked somewhat put together when we left the house.
Happy Wednesday!


2 comments:
I'm laughing and crying with you!
I understand all too well these emotions and experiences:)
Post a Comment