October 12, 2015

Caden's First Field Trip

It has been hard for me send Caden to all day Kindergarten.  He loves school.  He was ready for school.  However, he comes home so tired and emotional after a long school day.  I've been trying hard to be patient.  This past week he came home jabbering to me about his day and all of a sudden fell to the floor in a puddle of tears.  He was devastated that he had told some boys in his class that he wanted to be a penguin for Halloween and they laughed at him.  Then to top it all off he dropped his fruit cup and it spilled all over the cafeteria floor.  I've finally pin pointed why it's hard for me to have him in school all day.  I can't be there to give him a kiss and make it better when he has a problem. 
 
But like most Kindergarten problems, it was over quickly, and the rest of the week went better.
 
I got to help out in his classroom and have lunch with my sweet 5 year old!
On Wednesday, Quinn and I got to go with Caden to his first field trip to the pumpkin patch!  Such a fun fall day with no spilled fruit or mean boys!


He found the perfect pumpkin!
I somehow managed not to lose the little group I was in charge of in the corn maze.  #blessing



No comments: