October 12, 2015

Karate Chop

The boys just finished their first session of karate.  They have loved it.  I know in their minds they are real life ninjas doing kicks and jumps that look just like their black belt instructor.  In reality, it's just really entertaining and fun to watch them in their classes.  I have been so proud of Caden, he hates being put on the spot, and that happens a lot in these classes, but he has powered through it and done so well.  The first time he practiced breaking the board he wouldn't make a sound, his teachers kept telling him that if he yelled, "yah," it would help.  I could tell it was about killing him to yell like that in front of the whole class, but finally I heard a "yah," in a voice I didn't recognize and he smashed that board.  Their class has been fast paced, tons of running and jumping and perfect for burning lots of energy!  
 


I'm also impressed that these kids can stand perfectly still at attention, for a long 10 second countdown at the end of each class.
I think karate teaches great things.  We are trying basketball and indoor soccer right now, but I won't be surprised if we're back at karate someday soon.

This is hard mom!


No comments: