September 21, 2009

ding, ding, ding: Round THREE

Today was a big day for me. A day I have been mentally training for. A day that required me to hum, "Eye of the Tiger" several times to myself just to be ready. A day that required nerves of steel, all of my courage, and a few silent prayers. Today I faced one of my toughest opponents. Today I went back to the DMV!!!

The last 2 times I have gone in to try and get the Sebring registered have been scary as you can see here (the time I almost got tased): http://stephisinthehouse.blogspot.com/2009/09/dont-tase-me-bro.html

and here (the time I faced Ms. Shirley): http://stephisinthehouse.blogspot.com/2009/07/newest-addition-to-our-family.html

Armed with a sleeping Ethan in the stroller and all of my carefully filled out documents tucked in Ethan's coloring book I confidently walked up the steps into the courthouse. There would be no confusing the 8 for a fradulent 7 this time! The 8 consisted of 2 very round circles one on top of the other.

The lines of people waiting when I walked into the DMV made me a little nauseous. Then when I glanced over at booth #16 and #13 and saw my "friends" (one of whom I called a freaking moron last time) working I was filled with sheer terror!

I took a seat inconspicuously in the very back and tried to look natural. When the old man next to me tried to strike up a conversation I kept laughing nervously. He said, "could you imagine what it would be like to work here, people can be so impolite." I was dying inside knowing I was one of those impolite people he was referring to, I just smiled sweetly and said, "oh yes, it would be a difficult job."

My heart really started racing when I knew my number was up next. The patron in booth #13 had just finished and was walking away. Panic attack! Luckily booth #7 beat her to the punch and I didn't have to face my old "friend" from last time.

I handed over my paperwork expecting the worst. I was ready for a fight, I was ready to defend myself, I was ready to cry again...I was ready. Then she asked for my credit card, and handed me my official Iowa license plates! WHAT?! It was that easy! I just kept standing there expecting her to yell, "ha, ha these plates aren't real, now hold still while I tase you!" but she didn't...finally she asked me if there was anything else she could do for me. I guess that was my hint to get out of there.



Victory is mine!

And now you may be wondering how I will celebrate this win, well I'm going to Disneyland!!! (and if Clark doesn't approve of that trip...maybe he'll at least take me to Olive Garden?)

I can't take all the victory to myself:

I must thank my brother James for making phone calls to DMVs in both Idaho and Iowa.

I must thank my mom for driving all over town for several days in Boise getting the paper work together to get us an unnecessary duplicate title.

I must thank Ethan for sleeping while we were there and not adding to the already stressful situation.

I must thank Clark for filling out the forms.

I also want to give a shout out to all of my fans everywhere in the world. Never give up on your dreams...with a little hard work and determination all of your wildest dreams can come true like mine did today! I love you all!

4 comments:

Momma Megan said...

Hooray! So glad this final trip to the DMV went well!

C.J. said...

Just so you all know...I took her to Oliver Garden. Anybody volunteer to pick up the tab?

Kelly said...

You crack me up. I'm so glad it worked out and I LOVE the pictures!

Tyler and Margaret said...

You are so funny! Congratulations, you have worked so hard for this!!!