September 24, 2009

A Tappa, Tappa, Tappa

A few weeks ago I signed up for a community ed class titled, "Tap Dance for Exercise Intermediate (for Adults). Tap shoes are recommended, and necessary if you plan on performing in the recital."

Tonight was the first big tap class. I have missed making noise with my feet. I clogged for years and then took a few tap classes at BYU. The last one I took was about 6 years ago, so tonight I literally had to dust off my shoes before class.

I was giddy leaving the house, I really have happy feet that love to move! The experience was MORE than I expected. There were about 30 of us in the class. Only 3 of us were new comers. I think I brought the average age down 30 years. Most in the class probably qualify for the senior citizen discount! It was awesome! I stood next to a lady that looked like my grandma wearing cute Hawaiian capri pants...she was good too! Next to her was a man with white hair who was huge - he seemed to be a foot taller than me. He was wearing a pink t-shirt and Converse All-Star shoes. He is awesome too! Everyone was very friendly and welcomed the newbie to their group! I couldn't stop giggling all night! I have a feeling this will be the highlight of my week for the next 2 months!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so awesome! i'm glad you're doing it. You'll definitely have to post your recital.

Karin said...

Stephanie,

That sounds like so much fun. What a great escape! Molly (I'm on Karin's computer)