September 2, 2009

Mulle, pronounced "moo-lay"

Dictionary: red·head (rěd'hěd') n.
A person with red hair.

From Wikipedia: "In various times and cultures, red hair has been prized, feared, and ridiculed. A common idea about redheads is that they have fiery tempers and sharp tongues. In Anne of Green Gables, a character says of Anne Shirley, the redheaded heroine, that "her temper matches her hair."



In Romania natural redheads are rare and considered to be extremely smart - almost genius. When my Romanian friends found out I was marrying Clark they told me I was very lucky because he had red hair.


Ethan's red locks are admired wherever we go. He is constantly getting compliments on his lovely locks. It seems that everyone has/had a grandson, nephew, or son with curly red hair just like him and they love the reminder that Ethan provides. Unfortunately Ethan's hair has caused him to be confused for a girl a few times recently.


Since it was starting to get into his eyes again I decided he needed another little trim. It is really hard to cut the hair of a moving target!


Dictionary: mul·let (mŭl'ĭt) n.
A hairstyle that is formed by cutting the hair short on the the top and sides and allowing it to grow longer in back.


From Wikipedia: "In the mid to late '90s the "tail" of the mullet was occasionally "permed" with loose or tight curls adding even more internal composition contrast to the hairstyle. This is often called a French mullet or a Mulle (pronounced moo-lay)."


So after clipping a few accidental ringlets - I guess Ethan officially has a "moo-lay."

I'm so sorry Ethan.

But at least you still are all business in the front:

and party in the back!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love the mullet. He's got some darn cute curls!

Lucy said...

I had no idea a mullet could be considered so...arty. Love it. Where did he get his curls? From you?