April 22, 2011

Earth Day...Everyday...You Can Make The Difference!

I remember that slogan from an Earth Day celebration in high school.






To save the earth today Ethan and I rode the city bus to the mall.



Granted, Clark did have to go about 2 miles out of his way to drive us to the bus stop, and then he met us at the mall with the Jeep...so maybe we didn't quite save the earth...but the bus rides were free today for Earth Day and I have a little 3 year old who loves busses so we took full advantage.


Anxiously awaiting our bus (in our warm car)!


Ethan loved it, Disneyland has nothing on the city bus! He kept pointing out all of the normal landmarks we always drive by with such excitement, everything looks better through a bus window! "Look at those beautiful trees, look at this big mountain our bus is going up, look at Walmart!" When the driver hit the curb in the Walmart parking lot Ethan yelled quite loudly, "whoa! what happened?" The driver then apologized to all of us.



I rather enjoyed our little one on one time and the fact that Ethan held my hand for most of the ride. I wish everyday was Earth Day!




On an additional note: Clark saved the earth today by finishing his last podiatry exam that will be taken at DMU! This is huge! Millions of trees will be saved! We are so proud of him-and celebrated tonight at Red Robin. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's funny! What a cute little boy. And congrats to Clark!!