This morning as we were getting ready to leave for Wee-Read at the library Ethan pointed out that we all matched. Sure enough, we did all match! We looked like we were on our way to get pictures taken, so I decided to prop the camera on Ethan's horse and take a few self-portraits.
Here is the first one, a little crooked...but it looks like we have our act together and are ready to face the world (mostly):

Here was our second attempt:

Unfortunately, the second shot was a pretty good indicator for how the rest of our outing would go.
After Wee-Read we needed to make a quick run to Sam's Club and Walmart so I could pick up a few ingredients to make dinner for some of our friends that just had a baby. On our way there Caden fell asleep so I decided to take in the big double stroller so that he would continue sleeping as we shopped.
Ethan was starving so I bought him an Icee from the food court, I figured he could sip it in the stroller while we shopped. They are huge, they come in 44 oz. cups! I immediately asked the girl working if I could have a smaller plastic cup to put some in to make it more manageable for a 3 year old. She quite curtly told me "no, we can't waste those." I asked if I could buy one from her and she rudely turned me down again.

Really, you can't spare a plastic cup!? I pay you just to shop in this store. And of course, when we were waiting in line at the slowest check-out possible, Ethan spilled his red Icee all down his shirt. He was quite upset because it was wet and cold. I was sad because I liked the shirt he had on and knew it would not be near as cute in a pink hue!

The whole thing just really frustrated me because I knew if that girl would have just let me have a little cup this wouldn't have happened. So I went in to complain to the manager. She gave me a patronizing pat on the back (literally, she touched my back) and told me she was sorry. Ethan gave his best whiny eyes as he showed her his shirt.
Still annoyed we headed for the parking lot. I was balancing 2 loaves of bread, 2 french baguettes, and 2 lbs. of grape tomatoes on the top of the stroller. I don't know how, but right when we were crossing the road to the parking lot the tomatoes slipped off the stroller, the carton opened and about 2/3 of my tomatoes started rolling away! I tried to pick up a few but we were in the middle of the road so I just walked away.

I was feeling a little sad about my lost tomatoes until I drove by and heard people "ewwwing" as they stepped in them or pushed their carts through, and then the whole scene looked quite comical, and I felt a little vindicated that I had caused the ruckus! Take that Sam's Club!
After getting through the gnat nest I parked in we made it into Wal-mart covered in small bugs. We managed to shop without spilling anything this time. We did have one wind sprint across the store pushing the cart (with a crying Caden) when Ethan told me he had to use the potty...just to get there and discover he really meant to say, "I already used the potty."
I got a lot of interesting looks as we walked out to the car. Poor Ethan was covered in pee and red Icee, Caden was screaming. I wanted to shout, "we all looked cute just 2 hours ago! I do take care of my children!" But I didn't, I just walked out feeling a bit like a circus side show.
Even the mundane chores become an adventure when you have a clutzy momma and 2 boys in tow!
4 comments:
I can not believe she wouldn't give you a smaller cup!!! I'm seriously shocked!
Hope you & your sweet sons have a great & spill-free day today!
Oh, that's horrible! What a bad day. I'm sorry. Lame Sam's Club people!
And that's from Kelly. Lame Jerry for having a google account and always clicking the Keep Me Signed in button!
Good times. . .good times.
Post a Comment