April 24, 2011

An Easter Poem

My Ode To Our Easter - 2011


Some Easter bunnies live at the mall,



Some Easter bunnies are freakishly tall,



I guess this year our bunny was an Iowa bumpkin,

instead of a cute basket he used a pitcher and a pumpkin!







An Easter egg hunt can be so much fun,



Especially when you love to run!



And though the festivities are such a treat,


A fire truck driving by just can't be beat!




Eggs outside are okay I guess,


but I'd much rather eat the grass I confess.

Wait just a second, there's jelly beans inside!

I'll trade in my grass now that I've tried!



Momma was a little frazzled on Easter morn,

cause she had to speak at the church service,

but once I saw these two handsome boys,

it was impossible for me to be nervous!



Easter this year was wonderful and great,

we had dinners, parties, and fun,

but my sweet little boys are now tuckered out,

Their little faces say we are done!



Yup, definitely done!



Happy Easter!


Isus a inviat! Adevarat a inviat!

3 comments:

Ringo and Company said...

A++

C.J. said...

Wow, I hope you got the number of the freight train that hit the guy holding the pitcher-bunny. His allergies make him look terrible! :)

Kelly said...

What did that last line mean? Am I missing something. Loved the poem, nice excuse Clark!