November 30, 2011

Caden's Update

Today Caden had his follow up appointment at MSTI Pediatrics. His first appointment there I felt like a zombie mom I was so nervous, but today I was calm and I could see how truly amazing this place is. I am certain there are angels (seen and unseen) in that place.
Everyone we came in contact with was so kind and wonderful. Caden didn't even mind getting his blood drawn because he was distracted by the fun bubbles they were blowing for him. A child life specialist played with Ethan in the lobby so I wouldn't have to worry about him during the appointment.


We found out Caden's bone marrow is producing cells again (hooray!), however some of his levels are still low and a couple of tests came back positive for an unusual type of anemia...but for now we are just watching him. We will continue to test his blood and try to figure out what is going on with him.


On our way home-they let the boys pick a hat on our way out. Ethan loves his new blue and yellow beanie. HA!

So my cute little Caden is now officially 18 months! I've always loved him, but having this experience the last few weeks just makes me so grateful for every little laugh and even every little mess he makes!


Caden is such a fun age right now. I feel like this last month he's an official toddler no longer a baby. He is a happy little boy and a determined little boy. He thinks that when someone tells him "no" it really means "hurry up and go faster before they can stop me!"
He has a contagious little low pitched giggle and laughs easily.
He is still a little snuggler. He loves to be held tight, he gives great slobbery kisses, and I love when he wraps his arms tight around my neck for a real hug.


He is a climber! His agility makes him a master mess maker, nothing is off limits to him.
We love his little run, so cute!

He is getting pretty good at non-verbal communication...he points until we can figure out what he needs. He understands what we say and is listening even when we think he isn't. The words he uses the most are doggy, momma, dada, snack, juice, and Jesus when he sees His picture.
His favorites are dogs, horses, playing with Ethan, juice boxes, fruit snacks, and dancing when music comes on. He loves to get into things (literally), he thinks he can fit anywhere including his little toy barn, small boxes, etc. He is constantly trying to get in tight places.
He loves going to bed when he is tired (it is weird), he giggles and then with a huge grin he snuggles onto his big pillow and waits for me to tuck him in with his blankie.
I love Caden at 18 months!

2 comments:

Tyler and Margaret said...

I loved this post! Thanks for the update. We are so thankful he is doing better.

Ringo and Company said...

We are glad that Caden is well!