May 15, 2010

HAPPY

I love that lately when Ethan is content with his situation he says, "happy...Ee-ee happy." He just says it so sweetly, and I love that he tries to verbalize that emotion when he feels it.

So what makes us happy around here this weekend?

Finishing a big project/presentation for his Master's degree this week makes Clark happy.

All day Friday Ethan was happy with anticipation that when Daddy got home we were going to go to the park and "fly kite high to the night-night moon."


Realizing that you just aren't quite big enough to fly a kite (run the string, throw it in the air, and keep it up ALL BY YOURSELF) can be quite devastating.

But replacing the kite with a trip to the swings makes Ethan just as happy!


And me, I'm just happy when Clark is home all day during the weekends! I'm happy watching how much Ethan loves to play with his Dad. I'm thankful that on top of his really busy schedule right now Clark helps me with dishes, laundry, cleaning, taking care of Ethan because I just can't quite keep up with it all. I'm happy spending the morning outside doing yard work and just being with my favorite boys! I'm happy to get hugs and kisses from a cute 2 year old all the time. I'm happy my mom will be here a week from today! I'm happy we will be meeting our new little boy in just over a week!

I think Ethan summed it up perfectly tonight while we were tucking him in. He said, "Ee-ee home, Momma home, Dada home...Ee-ee happy, Momma happy, Dada happy." He's got it just right! Together is the happiest place to be!

3 comments:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Grammy happy! Can't wait to see you all!

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Grammy happy! Can't wait to see you all!

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

She's so happy . . . . she clicked it twice . . . oops!