Today has been a wonderful Mother's Day! Clark and Ethan have really spoiled me with good meals and doing all the chores all day long (and yesterday)!
Today at church all of the primary children had a special song prepared for the moms, they also invited the nursery age kids to sing with them. When Clark and I heard that Ethan would be singing on the stand in front of the whole congregation we were a little nervous! All week he has been singing the song, "When we're helping we're happy." So we knew that he knew the song, but we also know that our little Eee-eee loves to sing LOUD and we know he loves to RUN!
He did so well though, he marched right up to his spot, he was just tall enough for his little head to peek over the stand. His huge blue eyes were opened as wide as saucers and he just sat there staring at everyone like he was scared to death. When all of the kids started singing I think he was shocked again at the volume he turned around and looked at them, "who are you guys?" We kept waving to him and smiling, but he never moved a muscle or made a peep...in fact I'm pretty sure he didn't even blink! When it was over he ran back to us down the aisle with a huge grin super proud of himself. We thought it was pretty cute, it made my day!
I tried to capture a little video of him singing the song tonight, but he is a bit distracted as you can see:
Little Ethan does love to help his momma! Yesterday he was helping Clark vaccuum. If only he could keep the vaccuum on the floor this would be a good system.
He cried when Clark took a turn, I hope he is still that eager to clean the house when he's 12!
Helping with the cookies tonight! He is especially good at eating chocolate chips!
2 comments:
happy mother s day! I hope you have been feeling better ;)
happy mother s day! I hope you have been feeling better ;)
Post a Comment