May 13, 2010

Tricky Toes and Cheerios

Ethan has his Dad's exact hair color and his Dad's eyes, some people say he's a little mini me of his Dad...but Ethan has my toes!

I've always used my toes to clean up and move things. When Clark and I first got married I drove him crazy constantly moving and touching him with my toes (I didn't even realize I was doing it)! I've worked very hard to control my always roaming toes to save our marriage!
From the day Ethan was born he used his toes to work, he took off his super duper high security anklet in the hospital (that no one can get off) with his toes.
A few weeks ago during dinner we pulled the high chair up to the table and all during the meal Ethan kept pulling at my skirt and pinching my legs with his toes. He thought it was hilarious! After 15 mins. of toe pinching, I said to Clark, "this is rather obnoxious!" Clark felt very validated!
A few days ago I was upstairs getting ready, when I came down Ethan said, "oh no, Brown Dog." Going into the kitchen I quickly saw Cheerios spilled all over the floor and Ethan's favorite stuffed animal laying face down in the mess. I said, "oh no, did Brown Dog do this?" Ethan was quick to put all the blame on his little dog. I told Ethan he needed to clean it all up. So he started cleaning and I started doing something else. A few minutes later he came walking up to me very slowly saying, "toes, toes." Sure enough, he had decided the most efficient way to clean up the mess was to pick up every Cheerio and put it in a bowl with his toes. I just cracked up! The last couple of days he has thrown a few Cheerios on the floor after breakfast just so he can pick them up with his toes. (And no, we don't eat the toe picked Cheerios I promise).
It will be fun to see what wonderful genetics we pass on to our next child!

No comments: