I showed the boys that I had borrowed the Polar Express movie from the library and told them we were going to watch it this evening. Little did they know, that was only the first part of the plan.
Dancing to the Polar Express.
After tucking the boys in bed, we waited a little while and then sneaked back into their bedroom with jingling bells. They were a little surprised. We asked if they could hear the bells. When they said yes, I said, "well I guess that means you have to ride the Polar Express, come on it's here. I grabbed Caden and Clark grabbed Ethan and we ran up the stairs. Caden was giggling so hard! At this point I think they were expecting the train to be in our front yard.
I told them that to ride the Polar Express they needed hot chocolate. So with hot chocolates in hand we threw them in the car and snuggled them in with a big quilt.
Our Polar Express Sebring drove around town to look at Christmas lights. We had a great time singing Jingle Bells, Christmas Bells are Ringing, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer as we went. They LOVED it!
I LOVE this age so much! These little guys are just so easy to please. There were so many comments from Caden like, "this is awesome," "this is the best night ever," "thanks Dad for taking us on the Polar Express," "you are the best mom in the world." Caden's shrieking and giggling is still bringing a smile to my face.
Ethan: "I love this PANDA Express," "this is the best Polar Express ever," "can we drive all night?."
Quinn: "wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow," he sounded like a broken record.
I'm hoping the Johnson Polar Express comes to this station again someday!!! Truly a magical night.




2 comments:
I think this is my favorite thing you have done . . . hope to be in town one time when the Johnson Polar Express leaves the station!
Loving all the Christmas posts! You are always a party, wish we could party with you. Your Christmas Stockings are so cute! The boot and 3 sneakers, love it! But yours was covered,what does yours look like??
Post a Comment