When we came home from our Thanksgiving trip we found this waiting for us. To be honest, Ethan was a little freaked out. I think he said, "what is that, and how did it get here?" We read the book and the boys decided to name our elf Snowflake (I did throw out the name as a suggestion when all Ethan could think of was "Pleen," just couldn't have an elf whose name rhymed with spleen). Ethan has been pretty funny about the elf...he can believe that the elf flies back to the North Pole every night to report to Santa...but he's not buying that the elf comes back in these mischievous spots in the house each night. He is a hoot! Caden, on the other hand, loves the elf and tells everyone we meet that, "we have an elf." Quinn also enjoys looking for the elf each morning and shouting and pointing at it when he finds it.
The one that really cracked me up though was the night the elf came and was a graffiti artist. The boys immediately saw it in the morning and were ticked! Within seconds they had wiped the mustaches off. They were so mad at me! Why would their own mother give them mustaches!?!? And Snowflake...totally blameless, even though she was the one holding the marker!
I kind of like having Snowflake around!
2 comments:
You will be sad when she leaves!
I need an elf to join my family!
Post a Comment