I just love sitting here updating my blog to the light of our sparkling beautiful Christmas tree that smells so good! It isn't our tallest tree ever, but it is a fat one and very dense. But it wasn't so easy this year finding our perfect tree...
We did get a little distracted in the lights....and may have added a few extra candy canes to our outdoor display.
We went outside and quickly found a little snow covered, frozen tree. When we brought it home Clark braved the sub 0 temperatures to get the tree in the stand. Let's just say it didn't go so well. The poor little tree was dead and crooked and wouldn't stand no matter what. About the time I went out to see if I could assist I noticed the lights outlining the house were out and pointed that out to Mr. Griswold. Bad timing. It didn't help much. About 2 mins. later the tree was hoisted back to the roof and taken back to Walmart. The boys were a bit disappointed but with a promise of a different tree were able to go to bed.
Friday we tried again at a Christmas tree lot where we found a Groupon. Once again the boys put on their "tree hunting" hats and we were off. The cold definitely helped speed up the process. Within minutes we had found our perfect tree.
![]() |
| SUCCESS! |
![]() |
| All tuckered out. |
I'm also happy to report that our lights are back up and running! #christmasmiracle






1 comment:
Love the tree! It's fun!
Post a Comment