January 31, 2013

Just Today

Today was just a normal day with me and the boys.  We started out at the library to pick out some new books and movies for the week.  We checked out a CD too.  As we were driving in the car listening to the new music Ethan said, "this song really is dancy, even my bum is dancing."  I glanced back and sure enough, his bum was dancing.
We had to pick up our portraits at Penney's in Fort Collins.  When we got there I decided to feed Quinn in the empty portrait waiting area.  While the boys were waiting they were browsing through a clearance rack and discovered a little pair of dinosaur slippers.  Ethan was thrilled, for the last few weeks every time he wears his Mater slippers he and Caden both get sad that Caden doesn't have any slippers.  They were too small but I convinced them that the zebra slippers in the right size were gender neutral, so we bought them.  It was like Christmas morning all over again.  Caden was so excited for his "flippers."  He said he is going to wear them all night!
When we pulled into the driveway to come home, Caden said, "thank you for my new flippers."  I said, "you are welcome."  He responded, "not you momma, thank you Eshan for my slippers."  Ethan said, "you are welcome, I just love you brother buddy."
IAnd that is why I love spending my days with these little boys that are thrilled by the simplest little things.

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Grammy luvs those brother buddies!!