After being pregnant so long, and then taking a few months to recover from a c-section, I am just starting to feel like the normal me again. So in addition to my usual mom duties I have a few new things going on and it feels good to spice up my life a little.
This week I'm starting a fit and healthy contest with some other moms (most of whom I do not know yet). It is a points competition that will go for the next 10 weeks. Everyday we can earn points for keeping a food journal, exercising, drinking 64 oz. of water, sleeping 7 hours a night, keeping a personal and a group goal, etc. At the end of the 10 weeks we also report the number of pounds and inches lost and then earn more points. The top 3 winners get a cash prize! And by golly, I am going to work my tail off to get all of the points possible each day (not sure how the 7 hours of sleep will work...but wouldn't that be nice)! I'm hoping to win a little money to buy a plane ticket to visit my girls in Texas! So wish me luck!
On Saturday I signed up with a friend for a Zumba gym near our houses. There was a great promotion for the first 25 people to sign up. I've been twice and my abs are screaming (the last time I did Zumba I was about 3 months pregnant and got sick half way through, so its been a long while). Since there is usually at least one late class every evening I'm hoping to be able to shake my groove thing regularly after Clark gets home from work.
I got released from my primary calling at church, and now get to teach Relief Society, I love preparing and teaching those lessons, the preparation is good for me.
I started buying the Bountiful Baskets. Basically it is a produce co-op, and it is awesome! For $15 we get a laundry basket full of fresh fruits and veggies. You never know what is going to be in the basket so I'm trying new recipes and being a little more creative in the kitchen. The roasted brussels sprouts were not a huge fan favorite, but the kale chips were delicioso!
And I've been a little more crafty than usual the last few weeks...
| A lovely Valentines wreath that ended up too big for my front door, I used deco mesh found in the Christmas clearance, cheap and cute! |
| The boys like to help craft too. They insisted on wearing these "painting hats." |
James and Erica gave us this family home evening board for Christmas, so I needed to make some little hearts with our names on them. It was fun to use the new Cricut my mom gave me for Christmas...and Modge Podge.
The majority of my time is definitely spent feeding and cuddling this cute little Quinn! This cute little series of pictures were taken Sunday in the mother's lounge at his cousin Jacob's mission farewell (which was amazing)!
So yay for a few new adventures!



4 comments:
Good for you! You are miles ahead of me! Go for those points!
Hurray! I am hoping you win the grand prize and get some money to come to Texas with :) So proud of you! Love the wreath.
Never a dull moment at your house! Did I mention I have the cutest grandkids!!! Love ya all!!
Hooray for fun get fit programs, especially since the end result is that you could come visit!! The wreath looks awesome!
Post a Comment