December 17, 2014

The Johnson Polar Express Rides Again!

The 12 days before Christmas I do a countdown of activities.  On Sunday the card said, "polar express."  So we told the boys we would have a family movie night and watch that movie.  
From this picture you can tell that this movie is actually terrifying to little kids!  They stayed awfully close to their Dad.
After the movie we tucked the boys in bed.  We quickly made some hot chocolate and then snuck down into the boys room with bells jingling.  We asked if they could hear the bells and when they said yes, we shouted, "great, go get on the Polar Express."  They ran up the stairs whooping and cheering and jumped in the Jeep.  We drove around in search of the North Pole finding our favorite Christmas lights in Greeley.  Our "train" was a lot louder than it was last year with Quinn screaming and pointing out EVERY decoration that he saw...and the other 2 boys discussing how Christmas lights are made.


A fun tradition!

3 comments:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

This is one of my favorite things that you do. So fun! Maybe Grammy will be able to catch the Polar Express one year!

Kelly said...

Sounds like so much fun! I should do this one year, until then I'll enjoy it vicariously through you! You're kids are so lucky to have you as a mom! You are way fun!

Bryce and Jessica said...

That is such a fun idea!! I might have to try that one next year!