December 13, 2014

Crazy Hair Day

Ethan was so excited to have blue and green hair for Crazy Hair Day at school, so of course Caden wanted to participate.  They talked about it and planned it for days.  I sent Ethan to school with a green mohawk and blue around the bottom.
 

Then it was Caden's turn.  He had preschool that day and was very particular about wanting a target on his head that was blue and green.  So I got him ready for preschool and we got his hair looking "awesome."  I was surprised that he was willing to wear his crazy hair to preschool, because normally he doesn't like bringing attention to himself.  As we were driving there he made a comment about how he thought that the little girl in his class would have pink and purple hair.  I told him that none of the kids at his preschool would have crazy hair because it was only crazy hair day for Ethan's school.  He was silent.  Then he said, "you mean crazy hair day isn't for our whole country of Greeley?"  Nope, sorry buddy.  I could tell he was nervous, so I assured him that he looked great and his friends would like it.  So I walked him into the house, and all of the kids started hollering and laughing about Caden's blue and green hair, and then Caden turned around and walked back out the door.  I got him back inside and told him his friends loved it, so then he got his shy little grin on his face and ran off to join his friends.



















Who would have thought crazy hair day could be so entertaining?!

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Grammy thinks the little guy got snookered! I thought the whole world of Greeley would be celebrating crazy hair too!!!